Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Saturday, June 04, 2005

ACK!!!! Memes Suck!

unlike the Dodger-lovin' Thong Pirate, i hate memes.

i tend to ignore them until they go away, unless they are about something really nasty like a turd in a punchbowl or such. that can be funny.

but Teach tagged me with the music one, and just because i like music, i'll play along.

The last CD I bought was:
believe it or not, it was KISS with Symphony. i grew up listening to KISS blasting through the wall between my bedroom and my older brother's bedroom, and i guess it kinda grew on me. like a fungus.

the CD was about what you might expect a CD of KISS playing with an Australian Symphony Orchestra might sound like. it sucked.

Song (CD) playing right now:
none. i usually don't listen to music while i'm blogging. it tends to distact me from the more important job, which is bringing the funny headlines to you, my loyal readers.

Five songs that I listen to a lot or that mean alot to me:
well, i have a lot of the same musical tastes as the Scurvy Dog that tagged me with this meme.

Pink Floyd is always good. i like "Not Now John" from "the Final Cut"

1812? i have the Telarc version, one of the first DDD recordings , recorded in Ohio in some university, features digitally recorded cannons that can shred speakers if you don't have the bass set up to handle it. very good.

i also like "The Four Seasons" by Vivaldi. "Spring" is the best, is the Metal of Classical....

speaking of Metal, early Metallica, Sabbath with Ozzy, and post-Sabbath Dio can always float my galleon, to make a pirate reference...so many songs, hard to name just one.

all-time favorite? "Break On Through" by Jim. "All Along The Watchtower" by Bob, recorded by Jimi, is second.

as i dislike memes, i will not tag. should you choose to participate, go for it!

track back to me, so i can enjoy the traffic!